Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Little Bit About Me

I feel I have to write a few words about myself in order for you to understand my food better :-)


I was born and raised in The Netherlands and am of a Polish mother and Italian father. The food I cook is influenced by all the above, probably mostly by my father though. His love for the light, colorful and fresh Italian cuisine is simply contagious. My entire family caught it.
I really enjoy cooking, especially for my loved ones. What I like doing the most in my kitchen is improvising and doing everything “my way”. All the recipes I use have little scribbles and notes with the things I change about them. And every time I use a recipe I find new ways of applying it. 

I like keeping it simple. I don’t like snobbery in my kitchen. Like most of you, I am a working woman, I have my own business and I do not have time to spend half my day in the kitchen and even more so running around 15 different stores frantically searching for fancy ingredients I have never even heard of before and which I will probably never use again anyway. 

Don’t get me wrong. I do like trying new things, discovering new ingredients, testing their potential in my kitchen and broadening my horizons…on a free Saturday ;-)  But on the every-day basis I like keeping it simple. Tasty, healthy, fresh, varied, but above all simple.

My goal? I want to inspire people to experiment in the kitchen. Use recipes as a basis and make your own, customized creation based on them. See them as an inspiration, not so much an instruction.

Of course all comments are welcome. Any feedback is valuable to me. The best feedback is of course my fiance enjoying the food I cook him in silence, being too busy devouring it to say how much he likes it ;D 

1 comment: