Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pizza Continued...

Remember the pizza recipe? That one was with tuna and black olives.
Remember that I wrote that the sky is the limit when it comes to the toppings?
It’s like making sandwiches – use the products you like most. But please do keep it real, keep it Italian…don’t put strawberries on pizza like they do on pasta here in Poland (my Dad almost moved back to Italy when he found out that in Poland you eat pasta with strawberries and cream in the summer…).
Every country has their own eating habits, just don’t mess with the pizza! ;-))

Anyway, I made pizza yesterday and just wanted to share a few ideas with you of what you can use as toppings.



Besides the basics (good quality, preferably home-made tomato sauce and mozzarella), I also used grilled zucchini and some good Italian prosciutto. I topped it off with some flakes of parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil with garlic and chili flakes.




With this one I kept it simple – prosciutto and dried tomatoes.

This one is my personal favorite: prosciutto, dried tomatoes, topped off with some fresh rocket salad, flakes of fresh parmesan and a generous drizzle of olive oil with garlic and chili.

They were all very good and I am about to go heat up the leftovers! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment